I love how different Hailey and Reese are. They actually get along really well. Don't get me wrong, they have their moments together, but for the most part, they like being around each other. That being said, today gave way to two conversations that prove just how opposite they are by nature.
Conversation #1 with Hailey:
Scene: Hailey is going through a BIG phase where she likes to change clothes a billion times a day. I've cracked down on this because I don't have the energy or time to do all the laundry she produces with these changes.
Hailey: Mom, can I Paaa-LEASE change my outfit? I'm hot.
Me: No.
Hailey: Can I take my tights off?
Me: Sure, just put them at the bottom of the stairs so we don't lose them.
Hailey: Mom, can I take my shirt off with my tights and get a new shirt?
Me: No.
Hailey: MOM, I NEED A NEW SHIRT BECAUSE (dead serious)......IT DOESN'T MATCH MY HEADBAND AND IT NEEEEEEDS TO MATCH MY HEADBAND.
Me: Sorry love, but we aren't changing outfits. You can have some fruit chews though (her favorite snack of the moment).
Hailey: Ohhhh....ok, sounds good.
Conversation #2 with Reese:
Scene: She has just woken up from her afternoon nap and is in her crib. I enter the room.
Me: Hi Reesie!!! Are you ready to get up? Reese, what are you.... Reese, stop trying to spit all over your sheets.
Reese: laughter followed by looking down and continuing the behavior
Me: Reese, I mean it, we don't spit all over our beds in this family!!
We've got some interesting years ahead of us in this family...
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
Just think how all the dynamics will change with a 3rd in the mix...and, ohhh... will it ever change!!
Post a Comment