Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Stop, Drop, and Roll are not the words....

that one should have to say the night before having a baby, but it was! In fact, the day was quite relaxing until dinner, but I'll get back to that in a moment. My Aunt Rhonda arrived yesterday from Kansas. She's here to help out with the girls and it has been so nice to have her around. We spent the day getting her aquainted with the area and Hailey's preschool, etc. We even made a trip to the grocery store to stock up on stuff and bought meat for Trey to grill for dinner.

This is where it gets interesting... So, Trey arrives home and starts to get the burgers ready for grilling. Now, Trey loves to grill and he's really great at it. I don't even know how to use a grill because there's no point, it isn't worth the effort when I have a husband who's a perfectly wonderful cook. When he does grill, he tends to put a paper towel in his back pocket to wipe his hands etc. So, he walked in the door, got his paper towel in his back pocket and walked over to the counter to start making burgers next to my aunt. I stood up to go into the kitchen when I looked over and Trey had stepped too close to the stovetop, which had a gas burner on, boiling water. Next thing I know, his paper towel has lit on fire in his back pocket and is FLAMING and he has no idea. So, I yell at him that he's ON FIRE! He looks confused, my aunt looks at him and sees a flame shooting up his back and SCREAMS and then he and Rhonda start jumping up and down. Reese gets knocked over in the chaos. Rhonda was attempting to push Trey over for the "stop, drop and roll" drill and I ran up to him, grabbed the paper towel and threw it into Jake's waterbowl. All ended well...it hadn't caught on to his shirt and pants so we were all able to stop and breathe, but I think we were all shaking from the adrenaline and screaming. And yes, I'm taking full credit for potentially SAVING HIS LIFE the night before our precious baby girl arrives tomorrow (HOPEFULLY).

I'm hoping this means that all the drama has taken place tonight and tomorrow will go smooth.... We can't wait to meet the new addition and feel oh, so blessed to have the family that we do. I will update the site as soon as we have some news and time!

5 comments:

Karin said...

Nothing like a little drama to send you into early labor!! I'm so glad that you are all ok! I'm praying for you today, and can't wait to hear how everything goes!

Papaw said...

Nothing like a good burn scar to impress the new daughter with how manly her Daddy is! Wow!

Anonymous said...

Ah the Rhonda scream...

Always the perfect addition to any calamity :)

Unknown said...

What a story! I am glad it all turned out well... God has great things planned for you this year - saving lives, bringing in new life! Can't wait to meet little Landry!

Anonymous said...

That is freaking HILARIOUS!!! I wish we could have been there. Tough Reese gets pushed around again! ;)

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations