Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Life with Three

Is CRAZY!! Actually, it's going quite well, just makes the days (and nights) more full! Hailey and Reese are doing really well with the new baby. My Aunt Rhonda left on Saturday after staying for a week and a half. I do not know what I would've done without her help, she was the best. Plus, I just enjoyed having her around to hang out. And, she is my witness to Trey lighting himself on fire. He's now trying to say that he doesn't think the fire was that bad....funny, since he never saw the flames going up his back. Rhonda backs me up on the fact that I SAVED HIS LIFE :). And Granny and Dan stopped in too for the weekend to get some grandgirl time in while Trey and I relaxed a bit.
As far as the girls go, Landry has proven thus far to be a great baby. She's pretty laid back and content just napping through all the noise of the house. She did let us know her opinion on her first sponge bath though. Pic below shows it all.
Trey and I think Reese has had a major growth spurt since Landry's birth. She just looks HUGE to us now...especially compared to an 8 lb baby. She loves the baby and talks about her in a very excited tone....now if I can find a way to redirect her when she's trying to poke her eyes and force a pacifier in her mouth when Landry's sleeping, we'll be doing even better. I also did catch Reese trying to "cover up" Landry today with her blankie. To any stranger though, it may have appeared as a suffocation attempt. Gentle is not in her vocabulary right now.
And Hailey really loves the new baby. She's a big help. Hailey also has a new nightly routine that she does once she's been put to bed that I've captured in a few pics. First, she gets out of bed and puts all of her stuffed animals to sleep right next to each other on the floor with her covers. Then, she goes and picks out her outfit for the next day and lays it out on the floor, so when she wakes up, she's ready to go. Of course, she tends to pick out basically the same outfit everyday, dirty or not...so we're working on that too. Rhonda gave her the idea and it has actually cut down on the morning "discussion" about what to wear. If nothing else, the child loves to plan things out!
Landry getting a sponge bath.
Hanging out with Daddy.
Reese reclaiming yet another baby item for herself. She pulled it around in front of the TV, climbed in, and then decided to eat some Corn Pops while viewing her favorite shows :).
Hailey's Valentine's Day party at school.
Clothes laid out for the morning. Check out the options!
Animals tucked in for the night next to Hailey and her bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did you know that Reese liked Corn Pops?! :) hahaha Landry is so adorable and its so good to hear that everything is going so well!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations