Sunday, August 2, 2009
Pink, Purple and Polka Dots
Hailey has been one patient girl. She is our child that likes to be organized and likes to have everything match (you should see the collection of headbands she has!). So, when she chose pink for her room color about 2 months ago, she thought that we would decorate it immediately after it was painted....and so did I. And then, somewhere between being out town, laundry, screaming, bottles, MORE laundry, changing diapers on TWO children, the "marker" phase, and a little bit more laundry...it has taken a backseat. But not this weekend!!! Her new furniture has been sitting in boxes in the garage for a month now. I openly admit, Trey and I are AWFUL at putting things together and we will procrastinate as long as possible to avoid it. But not this weekend!!! We completed about 85% of her room. Her request was to have a pink, purple, and polka dot room. When I found a tutu bedskirt to add to it, she squealed. She said that she's always wanted a bedskirt because now she really won't have to worry about monsters being under her bed. And we found a full length mirror for her to use when coordinating outfits. As I've said before, she did not get that trait from me. And here it is so far. She wanted me to take a picture of it and she wanted to be in the picture because she's so excited!!!
And, when she woke up this morning and I asked her how it was to sleep in her new bed, she said, "well, I slept in the middle of it and it was GREAT!" Mission accomplished.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









5 comments:
so cute!
Looks G-o-o-d!!!
LOVE it! Will you come over and finish Kenna's room? :P My excuse is any day now we will put the 2 of them together... ha!
looks great!! :)
really cute!
Post a Comment