Hailey even made cookies for the Easter bunny, in case he was hungry when hiding eggs. We thought we had bought some that came with Easter cut-outs, so when we discovered that they didnt, we improvised. Instead, we used what we had and made PRINCESS themed cookies for the rabbit! Here's the horse (that went with the carriage that carried the princess) Hailey decorated just for the Easter bunny. YUMMY!
After hunting eggs, we were off to church and then to Easter brunch at the club. Now, let's talk about brunch for a bit. Being the youngest child in the family, I have fond memories of brunch at our club growing up. Our entire family was together. There was lots of food to choose from and I got to pick whatever I wanted. It was just a nice meal together. Obviously, the reality of my life now vs. my memory as the youngest child is totally different.
When we arrived to brunch, we discovered our table was very far from the buffet lines, NOT GOOD. So, Trey stayed with the girls while I went to go and fill up plates for the girls. Got that done. Then, off to fill up plates for me and Trey. Got that done. Sat down to enjoy our meal together to realize one minute into it that Reese was now done eating. Reese stood up in her highchair and wanted to run around. So, held Reese while trying to take bites of my food. Hailey then wanted more of something. Reese started drinking my coke and I let her in order to take three bites of food. Trey was up to get something. Hailey needed something. Reese was now dancing near our table (and under it). Repeat the last sentences over a few times and there's our meal. Basically, Trey and I were EXHAUSTED by the end of eating from running around and trying to keep Reese from ruining the meals for people sitting within a 2 mile radius of us. My point being this....as the youngest in the family, I don't have a memory of the years where my parents ran around like chickens with their heads cut off. So next year, we'll either convince others to join in for the meal to help wrangle the wild animals or....we'll plan a nice meal at home!
Overall, it was a nice day together as a family. I feel so blessed to have the family that I do. My brother, Chris, celebrated his birthday on Easter in Kansas and my dad joined him and his family for the weekend. I think Chris somehow schemed to have his birthday on Easter this year just to get my dad to go there rather than down here....nice trick Chris. :)
Honestly, I sure missed seeing all of them. Easter is such a joyous day and on such a happy day, being with family just feels right. I, especially, missed my mom on Sunday. I know that I will see her again someday. I know that she's been set free and is at complete peace. My heart stings though when I think of how long it has been since I've heard her voice. I know my longing to want to see and talk to her will never go away. And so, rather than dwell on what I cannot control, I will continue to trust in the Lord and be thankful for all the blessings He has given me....including His Son, who IS ALIVE!









No comments:
Post a Comment