Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Note to Self- Part 2


And the hairs got cut on Hailey and Reese! Reese even sat still to have her nails painted too, just like Hailey. She was so proud.
Is this the end of the hair cut story? Nooooooo. 90% of the trip was great...until....the lady behind the counter asked the age old question that can meltdown my children in an instant. She obviously didn't like me much and wanted to watch drama unfold in her store. As we're leaving....about to get into the car where I cannot control objects in children's hands, especially objects that are sticky and end up in hair, on each other, the windows, and an object that I cannot stop a certain one year old from biting off the stick and trying to choke herself. The lady said, "Girls, would you like a sucker?" I thought, "NOOOOOOOO!!!! DON'T ASK THEM THAT!?!" They both said yes and I said no thanks! Hailey immediately crossed her arms and began stomping while yelling that she wanted a sucker. Reese hit the deck and started saying, "uuuuuckaaaaa!!" Landry was in her carseat which I'm carrying on one arm. Lovely. Just lovely. And, of course, the store was full of moms who were sitting quietly with their children and just staring at me wondering what in the world was wrong with me and my parenting abilities. So, I immediately gave Hailey "the look"....the one that mom's reserve for times like this where your eyeballs pop out, your lips purse together and nostrils flare and I quietly told her to get out of the store. She obeyed. I grabbed Reese's arm and drug her across the floor with my other arm still holding Landry and her carseat and then I lifted Reese by the arm and carried her out of the store. Well....the incident quickly answered the question as to whether or not I was going to go to Target with the girls right after haircuts :). Life with children, not so glamorous sometimes.

No comments:

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations