Monday, April 6, 2009

Note to Self

Sooooo....this morning I told Hailey that this afternoon we are going to go and get her hair cut and Reese will also be getting her first official snip-snip (I'm trying to grow it out, but we've hit the awkward phase where the hair is almost mullet-like because the top and middle back are on a growth spurt, so we've got to even it out). Now, if you know Hailey, you know that she loves to get her hair cut BECAUSE...she also gets her nails painted at this place and that is just beyond fun for her. She asked when we were going and I told her that we would go after lunch and after naptime. Why....oh why....hadn't I thought of that clever line years earlier? Guess who actually ate her lunch and then ASKED to go and take a nap today....leading the charge up the stairs? I was confused for a moment as she eagerly went up to her room and then realized that she's trying to get to the haircut place asap. Pictures to follow.

On another note, I must admit, I love shopping with Hailey. She and I were nothing alike at age 4 because she loves to try on oodles of shoes and dresses, while I....well, I just wanted a soccer team jersey that had writing on the back of it (for some reason, I thought having writing on the back of a shirt was the best ever...so weird!). Anyways, with Easter coming up we went and got Hailey and Reese their dresses. SO FUN, it's the first time I've coordinated their outfits....yep, I did it, I am now the mom that is going to dress the children just alike. I narrowed it down to two dresses and Hailey got to pick the winner for the both of them....of course, Hailey also wanted a coordinating bracelet to go with the dress (does anyone see TROUBLE ahead for years to come with shopping and my girls?) Hailey, Reese and I will be attending "Breakfast with the Easter Bunny" on Saturday where they will debut their new spring outfits. Can't wait!

No comments:

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations