Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Little Fish

Hailey and Reese have been taking private swim lessons for the last two and a half weeks. They go everyday for a 10 minute lesson. When I heard the lessons were only 10 minutes long, I was skeptical. How can they really learn anything with just 10 minutes of swimming? However, I've seen so much progress with both of them in a short amount of time. Hailey is almost swimming now and Reese is well on her way. Hailey absolutely loves the water and has really taken to it. Reese....well, she's been a bit more stubborn. Hailey always goes first and this is what Reese looks like during Hailey's lesson, while anticipating her turn...
During the first week and a half she would scream the entire time she was floating on her back, "MAMA!!! MAMA!!! ALL DONE!!!! MAMAAAAAAA!!!" I think she may have caused some temporary hearing loss for her teacher. One thing is for sure, her lungs are in wonderful condition.
Reesie swimming.
Hailey floating on her back.

3 comments:

Christy Z said...

Where are you doing lessons? I need to get Allie in somehwere before summer starts...

Kelsey said...

I love reading all of your blogs! You have a way with words!

Unknown said...

Are you guys doing something like the Infant Swim and Rescue (ISR?) i really wanted to start Adelyn on that and am thinking at this point they may both be too old for it, but I need to get them in something! :)

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations