Praying, that is. Hailey and Reese have a bedtime routine which consists of baths, reading a book, reading a devotional and saying a prayer before lights-out. We have a prayer that Hailey has said for a long-time which consists of thanking God for our family, etc. Last night I talked to Hailey about how we can also pray for other things that aren't in our prayer.....for people that might be especially happy or sad or for basically anything that we are thinking about. So tonight, the conversation went like this:
Me: Hailes, do you have anything you'd like to pray about tonight?
Hailey: Yep!
Me: You do! What?
Hailey: I'd like to pray about a t-shirt.
Me: What do you mean?
Hailey: I'd like to pray that God will bring me a t-shirt. A t-shirt that has LOTS of princesses on it! Does that sound good Mom?
Me: Well, we normally don't pray for God to bring us princess t-shirts.
Hailey: Oh. Well, I'll pray for Abby and Keely. (note: Abby and Keely are my nieces whom Hailey ADORES. They live in Kansas, but Hailey talks and thinks about them daily.)
Me: That's great Hailey, we'll pray for them and thank God that you get to have them as cousins.
And so we pray....and right at the end of the prayer....before the Amen...
Hailey: AND I'D REALLY LIKE A PRINCESS T-SHIRT, OK?!
Persistent little thing :).
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
That's such a cute story. While she's at it, I'll take a million dollars! haha
Post a Comment