Sunday, November 21, 2010

Giving

We are really trying to emphasize that Christmas is not primarily (or secondarily...is that a word?) about presents. Our church participates in a program where you put together shoes boxes filled with items for children from other countries who do not have basic necessities sometimes. In the past I've done it for the girls. Not this year! Hailey and I went shopping and put together three boxes, one from each Smith girl. We used plastic boxes because the children use them to carry water, so it's very practical. Hailey even wrote a letter and put a picture of herself in the box! We signed up to get an email that will tell us to which country our boxes will be going. Can't wait to find out! I love that she and I got to talk about how important it is to give back when we have been blessed with so much.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations