Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's Like Vacation

This morning, we lost part of our crew. Yes, Hailey and Reese went to spend a few of their Thanksgiving vacation days with their Granni and Dan. We needed a change of pace. They needed out. And when I say "needed out", I mean, they charged and practically dove into Trey's aunt's car when she came to get them. They were beyond excited. Truthfully, I didn't realize how nice a little break would feel. Don't get me wrong, I told Trey, six hours after they left, that I already missed them and missed hearing their laughs. However, today was.....fabulouso.

Here is why:
1. After they left, I cleaned the house.....and it stayed clean. WHAT???
2. Trey and I actually conversed back and forth for lengthy amounts of time and there was no catastrophic meltdown occurring around us....interrupting us.
3. Trey, Landry and I went on a 5.5 mile walk together. Ahhhhh.....
4. Trey, Landry and I went out to eat and it was completely enjoyable.
5. Trey, Landry and I napped in a very quiet house.
6. I even went and rented a movie for tonight because I have ZERO responsibilities tomorrow. Just get to hang with my Landry and get ready for the holiday.

I love that my girls were so excited to go see Granni and Dan. They didn't once get nervous about leaving us or try to cling to us. They were ready for their adventure. I love how independent they both are in their own ways. Hope everyone else is having a wonderful pre-holiday week too!

No comments:

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations