Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Here's A Napkin

Last night's dinner: tortilla soup and cornbread.

Attitude from Katie and Trey: yum

Attitude from children: unsure....soup looks different

Mommy's solution: put out items the kids can add to their soup to make it as yummy as they'd like (avocados, crushed chips, shredded cheese, etc). A little self participation in dinner.

Outcome: Hailey totally bought into it and liked it. Reese (if you'll recall....she spent her entire first year of life throwing up and the gag reflex has stuck) decided to psych herself out before the first bite. Therefore, once she did take a bite, she was already gagging. Trey and I looked up and told her to relax and chew. She puked instead....at dinner....all over herself.

Reaction: I kept eating. Hailey laughed and kept eating. Landry didn't even notice because she was eating. Trey handed Reese a napkin and then we continued dinner. Oh, and Reese, decided to take off her clothes and keep eating.....cornbread muffins.

Moral: Well, I don't know. I just think it's funny that we've come to a place in our family where vomit doesn't really phase us anymore (or cause us to lose our appetite).

Just another day....

1 comment:

Bonney said...

One of the many reasons why I love the Smiths!!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations