Monday, November 1, 2010

Randomness...

Besides the post updates, here are some things that have been a happenin' around here....

1. Landry is fighting off some sort of virus. We discovered she had the virus when, last Friday, she wandered into the closet ("the closet" meaning----mine and Trey's), wandered to the back of the closet where my shoes are located.....near where we also keep the luggage....and started puking. She hit four pairs of my shoes (including down a boot), luggage, a hat (lesson learned....pick up your hats!). When the alarm went off ("alarm" meaning---my children and husband screaming in disgust), I didn't even react....that's how far I've come in motherhood. Puke again? Ehhhh.... Although, once I saw WHERE it was, my face might have gone a bit sour. Honestly, out of ALL the places in this house to puke....MY shoes? Have I not sacrificed enough? I will be reminding her of this someday.

2. Today, Reese, Landry and I went to meet Trey for lunch. It is a huge treat for the girls. They go crazy when they see him. Trey and I did get a good laugh out of Reese. While sitting at our booth waiting for our food, Trey and I were chatting. We didn't realize that Reese (who was next to me) had turned around and was oh-so-nicely rubbing the back of some random guy in the booth behind us for quite some time. She thought it was hysterical. We pretended it was not so she wouldn't do it again. That's what we get for trying to have a conversation with kids right next to us.

3. Hailey's class goes to the library every week or two and checks out a new book. I was completely prepared for her to bring home princess books. I haven't seen one yet. Instead, she keeps picking out science books (way above her reading level). The first one was about sea shells (how they form, the categories of them, etc), the second was on killer whales, the third was on bugs (she said, "I like how CREEPY bugs look in books, just not in real life.") and this week was on sharks. These are not cartoony books, they are filled with high level vocabulary and she wants to know it all. This cracks me up because it is so unlike her. I just wish I could see her wandering the library and finding these books each time. However, when the book fair came through the other week....she bought ANOTHER princess book!

4. Hailey had her parent-teacher conferences a few weeks ago. I felt like the really proud parent because there were so many positive things said about her character and how hard she works. Then, I went to pick up Reese from preschool last week and her teacher (whom I'm friends with) smiled and me and said, "why hello! I love your daughter, but it's time for her to go home." Apparently, not only did her nice words disappear again, but she was crazy Reese on the playground and had to be separated for fear of her being "unsafe." This is why I'm so glad we had more than one child. With only one, I would have taken full credit for Hailey's great report. However, I now know that even with solid parenting, God gives them their own personalities. And truthfully, I stinking LOVE it. I just call Trey (not in front of Reese) and we laugh. Of course, we are working on her behavior at home, but it is so fun to see how incredibly differently they are wired. I can't wait to see how these childhood personalities follow them through adulthood and if their traits stick. Landry is still to be determined. She's a definite mix of her sisters.....stay tuned.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Chloe came home from kindergarten with the same type of books. She even brought home a book about pugs and the Chicago Bears! She liked the pictures but would insist I read every scientific detail on Orcas or whatever bug book she brought home.

Karin said...

Reese - unsafe on the playground! Love her! I love all your girls.....what a fun house. Love the rangers post too - so exciting!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations