Me: Hailey, you know, the really cold weather is coming soon and I was wondering if you'd want some warm boots to wear this winter for school?
Hailey: YES! YES! YES!
Me: Ok, well, there's a sale going on this weekend. Wait, do you know what a sale is?
H: Uh, yes. It's when you have too many toys and you decide that you don't need all your toys and you take your toys to another home and knock on their door and ask if they want to buy them from you (*interesting thought*).
Me: Huh? Oh!!! No, that's when you SELL things. I'm talking about a SALE.
H: Huh?
Me: Listen, SELL and SALE are two different words. Well, that sounded really close actually didn't it?
H: Yes.
Me: Anyways, never mind. A SALE is when we go to a store and...
H: ....and the store SELLS things to us. I got it.
Me: No....it's when we go buy things and they don't cost as much as they normally do so we get to pay a lower price for items.....wait, are you confused?
H: yes.
Me: Never mind, you want a pair of boots?
H: YES!
Me: Ok. We'll go this weekend.
I'm tired. She's confused and I'm pretty sure I've butchered the English language to pieces tonight. However, she did later explain to me that princesses are royalty and that all girls are God's little princesses.....and she thinks that's pretty cool.









1 comment:
I'm so glad that English is my first language (not that I have a second, but anyways). What about "read".
I read the book.
I can read.
And then, the color red.
Let me know how that goes. I'll need tips w/ Carson!
Post a Comment