Landry is 7 weeks old today. Oh my, how time has flown by with her! For some reason, I was hoping that by this point of her life, she'd be on some sort of schedule....wishful thinking! The only consistant sleeping pattern she's exhibited is one that keeps changing. Just when she sleeps for 5-6 hours at a time during the night for a few days in a row and I become hopeful that we're well on our way to a full night, she decides to mix it up and stay up at night, UGH!!!
And with sleepless nights and early mornings comes exhaustion. In fact, as I type this, my husband is zonked out on the couch next to me with Landry (sleeping of course because I'm awake) on his chest. You know how some people say they only need 4-5 hours of sleep each night? That isn't me. I'm a night owl by nature, but I'm also one who likes to get my full 8 hours of shut eye. Twice today I was in the midst of conversations with people and I got lost in the words because I started thinking about sleeeeeeping. I went to Target all by myself and started wandering the isles, trying my hardest to remember what I was looking for. I even had a list with me and I had to keep rereading it because I would forget what I read. In fact, I even bought new pajama pants and a t-shirt. I NEVER do that, but looking back I think I was drawn to anything that reminded me of sleep. So, I've entered the mothering phase where I've lost my mind. I'm sure I'm going to find it, but it might take a cute, little, smiling, almost two month old to help me out....by sleeping through the night.
In other Smith news, I had some fun conversations with Hailey at dinner. We were talking about family and God. Here goes a tidbit of two of them:
Conversation #1:
Me: Hailey, do you know who Mommy's brothers are?
Hailey: Daddy?
*Uhhhh...no, thank goodness.
Conversation #2:
Hailey: Mommy, do you think there are two heavens?
Me: I don't think so, why?
Hailey: Well, I just think that would be silly. Hey Mom, I think God is REALLY BIG (hand motions and all).
Me: You do?
Hailey: Yep, I think he looks like ONE BIG GREEN PICKLE!!
*Now, I may be sleep deprived, but I don't remember ever discussing how God resembles a pickle. She did later clarify that God is a pickle on Veggie Tales. I think I'm going to start watching more Veggie Tales.
And finally, my little blog is going to get a make-over soon! I'm very excited about it and can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm trying to think of a catchy title for it, but I've been having a hard time getting it just right. Any suggestions? I'd love to hear them. As I've mentioned before, thinking and being creative aren't my best areas right now! Stay tuned for the update! Now, I'm off to put on those new pajama pants....just in time for Landry to wake up :).
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment