Friday, March 27, 2009

Welcome Home Jake

Let's continue from my last post. Remember how tired I was and how I wasn't thinking straight? Well, after I posted my blog last night, I went and took a shower (I decided that sleeping with the scent of baby puke on my shoulder wasn't too appealing) while Trey bathed Landry. Then, before I fed her, I told Trey that I was going to feed Jake because I'd forgotten. So, off to the kitchen I went and when I poured the food and yelled for him, I immediately noticed that the house was way too quiet. When the food pours, an 80 lb salivating dog comes a runnin'....and there was no a runnin'. Cue heart dropping into the pit of my stomach.

The hunt began. Downstairs, upstairs, outside, in closets, in the garage, in the car....no Jake. Minor panic began to set it. Went outside and yelled. No furry canine. Yelled again, and again and again....obviously not working. We quickly realized that he must've gotten out when Trey was helping me unload the car from Target 2 HOURS EARLIER. So, Trey got "the look" in his eye and immediately went into action. When I say "the look" I mean I could translate without words, "Oh dear, this is not good. My wife loves this dog. Must find dog. Must find dog now." He got in the car and drove around until well after 1AM trying to find my Jakey. Side note: This is one of the reasons I just love Trey. When I'm completely freaked out, he'll do whatever it takes to make me happy. Plus...he loves this darn dog too. No Jake though. We attempted to go to sleep with the hopes that someone found him and was going to call the vet since he had his tags on....BY THE WAY, guess who decided to actually sleep in the early hours of the morning while we were both up and then woke up 2 hours after we went to sleep? Grrrrr.
Good part of the story...we got a knock on the door at 7:45 this morning and we both flew towards the door. We had a wonderful neighbor who saw a friendly beast wandering around and when he went up to them for some loving, they decided to hold onto him for the night and called our vet this morning to get our info. There are sincere, good intentioned people out there. My Jake came home and when Trey brought him through the door he ran up to me, whined and cried while wagging that tail, layed down and is still asleep.

I love the dog. And, I love my husband for searching for him, totally exhausted, without ever complaining. Life is good.

No comments:

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations