Sunday, August 7, 2011

Hailey Bailey Turns 7!!!

Excuse me, can someone explain to me how I already have a SEVEN year old? The Hailes was fired up for her birthday this year. She decided she really wanted to have a slumber party. And, since I loved them as a kid and since she's such a sweet child, I didn't want to say no. She also told me when I asked her what kind of gifts she might want for her birthday that she didn't care, she just wanted a slumber party and that she'd like to be surprised (one of the reasons I love her....totally laid back and easy going). However, she did come up with a theme for her party. She wanted to have a "rock star slumber party," so we went to work!

We had a rock star pizza dinner to start it off.
And for dessert, a guitar/rock star cake made out of cupcakes.
She loved all her sweet gifts from her friends.
Then it was on to the craft where the girls made their very own rock star picture frames. Hailey's good friend, Haylee, even let LuLu help her!
Then we just HAD to take a picture for the picture frame as a party favor! One was smiles and one was goofy!
Next came the rock star pinata where all the girls, including the sissies, had many chances to whack the guitar!
After that, they were raring to go, so they went on a neighborhood wide treasure hunt! They had to figure out and follow all the clues!
And the clues led them to the TREASURE!! And in the treasure...

was silly string, glow balls and bubbles! Reese figured out how to spray hers. Then she figured out how to spray me. Why did this not surprise me?
Overall, the party was a hit! The girls all got along beautifully and most of them went home with about 9 hours of sleep, which I thought was pretty good for a slumber party! And today, I made the birthday girl pose for a few pics after church (yes, she wore her tiara to church, and so did Reese).

She and I made a trip to the mall where she got a special Build-A-Bear for her one present. I think Hailey has taught me just as much, if not more, than I've taught her. She's so easy-going, personable, kind, compassionate and has the biggest imagination I've ever seen in a child. She always says thank you and even though she's a petite little thing, she's exploding with personality and life. Trey and I are looking forward to this year with our seven year old!

2 comments:

Nguyen-Sul Jayhawks said...

So sweet! I love that you make each of your girls' birthday so special for them.

The Hodges said...

Yay Hailey! That slumber party looked like so much fun! I can't believe how big she's getting...I remember our 2 hour lunches at Jason's Deli in Frisco when she was just a tiny baby, sleeping in her car seat!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations