Bad Mother Award goes to me for lack of updating the blog for Reese's birthday. I have felt like this is the first summer where there are just not enough hours in the day. Between trying to play and soak up fun with the girls, keep the house looking decent, doing laundry and more laundry and going out and about some, I have had a tough time keeping up. Maybe when school starts back up it will be better? More realistically, in about 15 years I'll get more time :). And, I'm fine with that.
Reese's birthday made me realize something. She's growing up extremely fast. That's why I've made an effort to put down all the "stuff" and hang with the girls. I just know they're going to grow fast and I want them to look back and remember me spending time with them and Trey.
Onto the birthday party! Ms. Reese Kaitlyn (or Reeses Kaitlyn Smiff as she would say), wanted to have her birthday party with THE mouse again this year!


I'm mean, she was turning...

so she was old enough to choose. She invited some friends to enjoy the chaos with her...
And she spent about 2 months choosing a cake. I had gotten a party favor magazine in the mail and I gave it to her because she was bored. She ended up sleeping with it EVERY night until her birthday and would flip through it to look at different themes (I had no idea this would happen). She was CERTAIN she wanted a princess cake. Until, we went to order it and she saw Hello Kitty and all those months of late night planning went out the window in 30 seconds and she just had to have...

And at Chuck's, if you're the birthday kid, you get to go into the Ticket Blaster for 30 seconds. Well, Reese all of the sudden got cold feet and was scared (has she ever been scared in her life? I think not). So Hailey went in instead....
And when the machine started, Hailey almost threw up from laughing. She was laughing so hard that it made ME laugh really hard. Reese then had a change of heart and was lucky enough to get to go...
Besides that, there were lots of friends, family, games, and dancing.



She is SUCH a spirited kid. She loves swimming, sports and being outdoors, rough housing, hanging with boys, she never wants to upset people, puts her whole heart into everything she does and is one of three of the best gifts Trey and I have ever known.













1 comment:
Happy Birthday Reese!! You know, those June babies are something special... ;)
I can't believe how big she's getting!!
Post a Comment