Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tennis

After high school, I was ready for a tennis break. The "break" ended up lasting almost 10 years. When I had Hailey, Trey encouraged me to start playing tennis again because I had quit teaching and my social life wasn't so much thriving and I needed an outlet. I told him he was crazy. He went and bought me a racket anyways. I knew nobody in the Dallas tennis world. I started off in a little city league. Long story short, Trey knew best (did I just write that?).

I'm now on multiple tennis teams around the area. And, a good chunk of my friends here are ones that I've met through tennis. We're all competitive by nature and enjoy the outdoors. Most of the girls have met and know my girls and Trey, some of us have traveled together, and I know many of their families. My USTA tennis team just won the city playoffs a few weeks ago (that's not easy!) and we are off to sectionals this weekend. Luckily, sectionals is in Dallas so I don't have to travel, but 10 teams from around Texas will be here competing. The winner of the 10 teams gets to go to Nationals in October.

Team pic after winning city playoffs.
One of the girls got a good shot of me and my good friend, Ruth (aka "Roofie" by my girls). Ruth and I went to Colorado Springs last year together and played in a tournament for Susan G. Komen....and we won our division! :)

So, here's to lots of fun and tennis this weekend in the 100+ heat!

2 comments:

Julia said...

and we baby sat hailey when she was landry's age!

The Hodges said...

Way to go Katie!! Remember, according to Greg, he can beat you at tennis. Maybe I'll show him this post and see what he has to say then! So proud of you!!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations