Camp Ozark is a pretty special place in this family. It's the place where Trey and I met, fell in love and got engaged. We spent 4 college summers there (ok, I went back for a 5th). It's also the place where we were introduced to some of our most favorite (and hilarious) people. So, when camp notified us that they were having a 60th year reunion, we said, "WE ARE IN!"
We got to take the entire family to celebrate for a weekend. Landry stayed behind with Brett, Becky, Kelsey and Christian (thank you thank you thank you for taking her!) so that Trey and I could run and play, play, play with Hailey and Reese. And we did play. In the midst of getting ready to play, I forgot my camera, but my great friend, Tania, brought hers and sent us a ton from the weekend. Thank you Tania!
Here's a rundown of the weekend:
Hailey and Reese rode horses (Trey's dressed in his Western Night attire).
We danced and danced (that's Denver and William with us during the Chicken Dance while Trey is in the background flailing Reese around in circles!)
We played sports. A little basketball, bombardment, whiffle ball (after Trey did Home Run Derby) and team handball.

And yes, even Trey and I got to play. I wish this picture could show exactly how incredibly sore I was during and after this game. I don't think the word "ache" properly sums up the pain my muscles were feeling.

We swam. Trey blobbed...but I don't have a pic of that...DANG!
Hung out with friends.
And we even hiked to The Cross. The Cross is located up on a mountain, so the girls piggie backed it on the way up and down. The Cross is also where Trey proposed to me 9 years ago this month.
And 9 years ago when Trey proposed...he was the Chief of the Osage tribe and I was the Chieftess of the Caddo tribe (if you attend Camp Ozark you are initiated into either the Caddo or Osage tribe and legend has it that Noooooo Caddo shall marry an Osage, and noooooo Osage shall marry a Caddo). One of our friends sent us this picture he found of us all dressed up that session...can't believe this exists.
It was the perfect weekend. No TV, no cell phones, no worldy distrations. Just quality family and friend time. Trey and I came home inspired and thankful for our weekend and the opportunity we had years ago as counselors. And we came home sore....really, really, sore.











No comments:
Post a Comment