Ok, I was the person that believed you take THE ONE family trip to Disney World, so you have to wait until the kids are older. Well, in April, I changed my mind. It was a brilliant move on my part I must say. The reason for the trip...well....to be honest, it hasn't been the easiest of a few years around here. After my mom died, I made a promise to myself that I was going to live life to the fullest with my hubby and my girls (and Jake...let's be honest, I love that dog). And....no person ever says, "your kids will grow up slow...they'll be in your house forever." I am well aware that this phase of life is short-lived and I intend to make lots of great memories along the way. I asked Trey what he thought about me taking off with Hailey for a few days. I'm always surrounded by three little girls and the thought of just spending some quality, one-on-one time with her in a super-fun environment sounded like music to my ears (plus...a break in constant diaper changing sounded fabulous). I am also well-aware that this is my last year before she starts kinder and then she's a school girl from here on out. Trey immediately told me to BOOK IT. And so, Alicia and I did.
We arrived on Thursday afternoon, spent that evening at Downtown Disney, spent Friday at Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom and all day Saturday at Magic Kingdom again. Hailey's favorite part....meeting the princesses (shocking) and watching all the shows. When she met the princesses, she and I had discussed all the things she wanted to tell them...like how she loved them and they were so pretty....when it came time....all she could do was smile from ear-to-ear and stare. Precious. I have it all on video.
I can't even begin to list out all of the rides we hit because there were so many. And the shows, well, we saw 6 and I was highly impressed with every single one. Here are a few pics I took. I will be getting lots more in, it's just that we're waiting on the ones from Disney and Alicia also took quite a few, so my camera wasn't used too much.
And for the record, I've already told Trey that I cannot wait until HE and I take the other girls in a few years....one time family trip....NOOOOO WAY!









3 comments:
Katy,
I am so glad you and Alicia and Hailey and Mark had such a great time! Funny, but Mark's favorite things were the rides...not "princesses!" You definitely have the right attitude. Enjoy every minute with your girls! I told someone that parenting is the one task that requires skills developed over a lifetime of being a parent and just about the time you think you have the skills mastered, you find yourself standing in the driveway, watching you "baby" drive away! We love you guys!
Such a fun time!! I'm so jealous though... I've never been to Disney myself so I can't wait to take my girls. We are thinking of going sometime next year when the girls are 3 and 5 - or maybe 4 & 6... then again when they are older!! I agree you have to do it more than once :) Glad you had a great trip!!
Katie, this is great! I love the pictures. I can't wait to talk to Hailey about the trip.
This is a time she will never forget...what a great memory for her and you!
Post a Comment