Sunday, August 23, 2009

My Mom


Today would have been my mom's 63rd birthday. It has been 8 months since she passed. I think about her and miss her every day. Rather than being down today though, I found myself enjoying this Sunday with my family. At church, I said a special prayer for her. Thanking God for giving me a mother as phenomenal as she was. I spent a bit of time just thinking about her. But, for the most part, I spent the day as she would have wanted and as she would have done with us when we were kids...enjoying family....we ate a family meal together, laughed together, played together and prayed together. Today was a great day. I am so blessed...

At her funeral, my dad, my brothers and I each wrote a letter about her and it was read aloud. I was going to share that letter, but blogger isn't letting me cut and paste it into this post (grrrrr....), so I included two of my favorite pics of her and Hailey and Reese.

1 comment:

PaPa said...

Thank you, Katie!!!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations