Friday, August 7, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday Hailey!!!

Was it really 5 years ago today that I cried (literally) and swore to Trey that I knew I was going to be pregnant forever (being DEAD serious)? Was it really 5 years ago that I had read that just before you went into labor you would not have an appetite, therefore I knew that those weird pangs were nothing because I easily scarfed down three pieces of pizza and breadsticks? And has it really been 5 YEARS since Trey and I were forever changed by being blessed with our first daughter, Hailey Elizabeth?
It's funny, I look at today as such a big day in our family. Not only is my Hailey already five years old, but it means that it has been five years since Trey and I only had to think of taking care of ourselves. She has taught us so much. Our life has been so full with her. We truly learned how selfish we were before kids and how quickly that kids could make you want to grow up. I began to wear my heart on my sleeve after having her and I became a much more emotional person. All of the sudden, I could not tolerate to listen to stories of child neglect or poor parenting on the news because it held an entirely different meaning knowing the bond a parent can have with an innocent child. It is a gift from God....these past five years....being a parent to our three girls.
And as for Hailey, she is LOVING being 5. We've had a wonderful day. She and I went out to lunch by ourselves, then we went and did a little shopping. She picked out a new dress and a new pair of sandals for her big day. Plus, we got a few more clothes for the upcoming preschool year! And....since it was her birthday....I gave in and bought her a shirt....the weekly special at the Disney store....A PRINCESS SHIRT....complete with the saying, "A Disney princess is a very special priness. One who is sweet, kind, and very beautiful on the inside and out." I think she was shocked when I gave it the ok. We had dinner with Trey's aunt, uncle and cousins at Rainforest Cafe and the staff sang to Hailey while she smiled! She gets to have a small party next week, but her big birthday present comes at the end of the month when she and I are going to take our first Mom/Daughter trip to DISNEY WORLD with my good friend, Alicia and her son. I'm just as excited as she is.
She's witty, loves to laugh at a good joke, is a CandyLand playing machine, doesn't understand why ANYONE would want to be sweaty, is independent, yet very kind, and she thinks that princesses are the coolest people EVER. She is a wonderful big sister and sets a great example for the little ones. We love her so much. Happy Birthday Hailey Beth.
Hailey (with her new birthday dress and sandals) and Reese at Rainforest Cafe posing with Cha Cha, the frog.

2 comments:

Tracey English said...

happy birthday hailey!! we have a gift in the mail coming!

Love Aunt Tracey and Uncle Chris

Unknown said...

You have such a way with words! :) I need to start composing for my upcoming 5 year old... lots to say isn't there? ;) Looks like she had a wonderful day, and we would love to see you guys soon to wirh her in person! Kenna would DIE to know Hailey is going to Disneyworld! Have fun!!!!!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations